Review: JW Marriott Hotel Cairo Junior Suite

JW Marriott Cairo Junior Suite

After having my Cairo-Honolulu reservations ticketed, I immediately booked my positioning flights and ended up booking with Turkish Airlines with a stop-over in Istanbul, where I also got to celebrate my 44th birthday. I had planned to visit the Pyramids of Giza so booked a flight from Istanbul that would give me a full day in Cairo. The trip from Cairo to Honolulu and back was a long trip but definitely one of the best I've had since I was able to see the pyramids and visit Hawaii as well 😍


Cairo to Honolulu Run with the Pyramids of Giza and Pearl Harbor Tour

Review: Turkish Airlines A330 Business Class, Stockholm-Istanbul
Review: Hilton Istanbul Kozyatagi 1 Bedroom Suite
Review: Turkish Airlines Business Class, Istanbul-Cairo
Photo Review: Ramses Hilton Executive Suite
Review: JW Marriott Hotel Junior Suite
Exploring the Pyramids of Giza
Photo Review: Business Class Lounge, Cairo T2 (CAI)
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, Cairo-London
Review: British Airways B747 Business Class, London-New York
Photo Review: American Airlines Admirals Club JFK C, T8 (JFK)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge, New York JFK T8 (JFK)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, New York-Los Angeles
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles to Honolulu
Review: Holiday Inn Express Waikiki
Pearl Harbor and Honolulu City Tour
Photo Review: JAL Sakura Lounge/AA Admirals Club, Honolulu (HNL)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Honolulu to Los Angeles
Photo Review: Qantas First Class Lounge, Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: OneWorld Lounge Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge T4 (LAX)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles to New York
Photo Review: Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden Area
Review: Hilton New York Grand Central Junior Suite
Review: Conrad New York Corner Suite
Photo Review: British Airways Galleries T7 (JFK)
Review: British Airways B777 Business Class, New York to London
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, London to Cairo
Photo Review: Egyptair Almeisan Lounge T3 Cairo (CAI)

Date of stay: April 2-3, 2018
Address: Ring Road- Mirage City- Box 427 Heliopolis, Cairo Governorate 11757, Egypt
Room: Pool Side Cabana, Outdoor Pool View, Balcony, upgraded to a Junior Suite
Nightly Rate: Redeemed my Marriott free night certificate
How to get here: The hotel provides complimentary shuttle bus with free wifi 👍 It stops first at the Renaissance Hotel then to Marriott. Note: You have to email the hotel with full flight details 24 hours prior to arrival date.

Video Tour from my YouTube Channel 📺


Meet & Greet and Complimentary Shuttle

I had emailed the hotel a few weeks before my arrival to request for a complimentary shuttle service and not only did they confirm the service, they also told me I would get a meet and greet service. And since I had an electronic visa to Egypt, the arrival procedure went very quickly and I was through in less than 10 minutes.

The complimentary shuttle service runs every hour and the bus is also equipped with wifi 👍

The wifi connection was actually fast and I was able to use Viber to send some messages.

Hotel Exterior

JW Marriott Cairo exterior

Lobby & Reception

JW Marriott Cairo lobby

Upon arriving at the hotel around 9:10am, I was greeted by a bellboy who offered to help me with my rollaboard but I declined. I couldn't help but admire the gorgeous lobby of the JW Marriott Cairo on my way to the front desk 😍

At the front desk, I was helped by a friendly associate, Mustafa. I was not even sure if I could already check in as it was still early so when he told me that my room was ready and that I got upgraded to one of their suites, I was so ecstatic. He informed me about the complimentary continental breakfast in the Executive Lounge as a Marriott gold member although I was not able to take advantage of it as I had an early morning flight to London. He also asked for my credit card for a 50USD deposit. The check-in process went quickly and after a few minutes, I was on my way to my room with my room keys.

Elevators & Hallway

JW Marriott Cairo elevators

Floor plan, East Wing

The inside of the elevator was beautifully designed 😍

Fourth floor hallway

Junior Suite, Room 4205

As I entered the room, there was a work desk to my right and to my left are the wardrobe and bathroom. Past the work desk is the living room and to the left is the king bed. The suite also has a nice terrace with view of the golf course.

King bed

Arm chair and ottoman, coffee table

LG TV

Living room

JW Marriott Cairo junior suite

Work desk

Bathroom

To the right of the sink, you'd find towels, vanity kit, dental kit and a lotion by Aromatherapy.

Toilet and bidet

Bathtub

Walk-in shower with the standard bath amenities from Aromatherapy

Aromatherapy shampoo, conditioner and body wash.

Coffee and tea making facility, complimentary bottle of water

Inside the wardrobe, you'd find the bathrobes, slippers, safe and laundry bags.

The terrace was perfect for hanging out later in the afternoon for some great views of the golf course.

View from the terrace

Orientation map

I was also given a welcome amenity consisting of fruits.

And since the hotel knew that this stay was part of my birthday trip, I was given a cake and more fruits. Thank you so much guys 😍

Executive Lounge, 7th Floor East Wing

The Executive Lounge is located on the 7th floor and is open from 6am to 12am. I personally liked the design of the lounge 😉

JW Marriott Cairo Executive Lounge seating

Seating

Seating

Seating

I visited the lounge in the late afternoon and the snacks offering included some cakes, fruits, juices and softdrinks.

Evening Cocktails (6pm to 8pm)

Salads and cold cuts

Appetizer, bread, butter, cheese

The hot dishes included kofte, sauteed vegetables and seabass among others and which were all very good. The staff also came to my seat and offered rice and which I gladly accepted.

Dessert section

Alcoholic drinks

I thought the afternoon snacks was not that impressive although the food and drinks offering during the evening cocktails made up for it 😉

The View Lounge & Bar and Mirage Café

The Mirage Café located behind the View Lounge & Bar is where they offer breakfast buffet. The other outlets included Italian and Asian restaurants 😋

Shoeshine service

As there is a Renaissance Hotel nearby, one could book a golf cart from the Concierge to get there.

Facilities

Health Club, 1st floor

Fitness Center

The business center is on the 5th floor.

Outdoor pool

Nice view 😍

Lobby Lounge

JW Marriott Cairo lobby lounge

Check-out

Newspaper outside the door.

I had booked the 5am shuttle the night before and at exactly 5am, me and another guest left for the airport.

CONCLUSION

It was my first time visiting Cairo and I really wanted to make it special so I decided to use my free night certificate when I found out that there was a JW Marriott hotel in the city. This property is a category 4 hotel which is still included for the free night redemption, as category 5 is the highest. The hotel contacting me by email a few days before my arrival to ask for my bed and view preference was just impressive. The meet and greet service was very much appreciated as well as the early check-in. Needless to say, the best part of this stay was the upgrade to their lovely junior suite 😍 The staff I had contact with were all very friendly and helpful reflecting the high standard of service Marriott is known for. Of course, the hotel is really beautiful and the facilities were really five stars. The only downside which I could think of is that it is far from the city (if you want to see the pyramids) although it was not a problem to me as I was picked up by my guide for my Pyramids tour right from the hotel.

I really had a wonderful and memorable stay in this hotel and would highly recommend it to everyone looking for a hotel to stay at in the Egyptian capital. To all the staff of JW Marriott Cairo, Shukran 😍